PrestaShop Hosting Solution
Best PrestaShop Hosting
Best Hosting for PrestaShop
Hassle-Free PrestaShop Plan
PrestaShop is an open-source eCommerce solution that is very simple to use but puts a lot of power into your hands. With it, you are able to customize any kind of store you want, but also promote your products, and let your customer shop in a fast and safe environment.
But, your PrestaShop store relies on good hosting, as it is the backbone of any website. We wrote this article to help you with that, giving you some definite criteria that will help you choose the best PrestaShop hosting for your store.
Furthermore, we will also give you 10 Prestashop eCommerce solutions to choose from, all of which fit different customer needs. By the time you finish reading this piece, you will fully understand what hosting for Prestashop should have, and what type is the best for your store in particular, and choosing the right one will no longer be an issue.
Table of Contents
Comparison of 10 Best PrestaShop Hosting
|A2 Hosting||Get Started|
Top 10 Best PrestaShop Hosting Reviews
1.SiteGround – Fast & Secure Web Hosting
SiteGround has affordable pricing but gives a lot for the money paid, and their terrific support team is there to help whenever you need assistance.
- Uptime – SiteGround has 99.99% uptime, which is excellent, and will make sure your store is available at all times. Uptime is the critical difference-maker, and having a shared host this affordable with this kind of uptime is phenomenal.
- Speed – SiteGround has in-house implementation of Linux containers, with the latest Apache web servers, and the newest PHP. Plus, their SuperCacher ensures maximal speeds, which will make browsing your store seamless.
- Security – SiteGround has real-time server health checks, as well as AI solutions that monitor and stop bots and attacks before they happen. They regularly update their firewalls, making sure your visitors stay safe.
- Customer support – SiteGround customer support is top of the line. Live chat support is available 24/7, and they are incredibly knowledgeable, giving you responses immediately. Also, they have an excellent knowledge base you can use even if you are not their customer.
2.InMotion – Above-Average Uptime of 99.95%
InMotion is a great option as this hosting company offers unlimited resources, even in the cheapest shared hosting plans. That means you don’t have to worry about visitors, bandwidth, and disk space, which will let your site grow. Plus, they have an outstanding 90-day money-back guarantee, which is really something.
- Uptime – InMotion has uptime that is above the industry’s standard, at 99.95%, which is great. You won’t lose customers due to broken connections.
- Speed – InMotion gives free SSD drives included in all plans, which should significantly reduce page load times, ensuring easy product browsing.
- Security – InMotion has their own Super Secure Smartwall TDS that will keep attackers at bay, providing a safe shopping environment.
- Customer support – InMotion support team is very reliable and will respond quickly. You can contact them in different ways, including chat, tickets, email, and even phone, which is a big plus.
3.Liquid Web – High-Performance Hybrid Hosting
|Visit Liquid Web|
LiquidWeb is the best dedicated server hosting for PrestaShop, but also the best PrestaShop VPS hosting we have reviewed. As such, it is a much more expensive option, but if you have a bigger store or plan to grow rapidly, it is well worth the price.
- Uptime – This is a premium hosting provider, and therefore, it has a 100% uptime guarantee. Your PrestaShop store will stay up forever, so one less thing to worry about.
- Speed – both LiquidWeb dedicated and virtual private servers have supreme speeds. They have 16 data centers worldwide, which will guarantee your customer base has the ultimate speed and comfort when browsing your store.
- Security – LiquidWeb owns its data centers, which ensures maximal security, as no third-party is involved. They also fully-manage your site, blocking threats and keeping the site malware-free.
- Customer support – for the added price you pay, you get much better customer support than with most other budget hosting solutions. LiquidWeb expert team is available around the clock, and you can expect to get timely help whenever needed.
4.InterServer – Standard Web Hosting
One thing that makes InterServer unique is entirely transparent and fixed pricing. Here, you won’t find the shady pricing options that skyrocket after the first two years. Once you sign up with InterServer, the price stays the same forever.
- Uptime – InterServer guarantees 99.9% uptime, which is great, considering it is a budget hosting solution.
- Speed – InterServer is fast for a budget hosting solution, as they maintain a 50% server load capacity. That means the server will rarely get overflowed with traffic. However, there are only US-based server locations, which might prove to be a problem for international users.
- Security – InterShield security is their in-house security solution designed to block attacks, scan for viruses, and has a machine-learning firewall. Plus, they use their own servers, which is a big security plus.
- Customer support – InterServer has in-house customer support, which means you will get help from real hosting experts. You can contact them 24/7.
5.A2Hosting – One of the Fastest Server
A2 Hostiing is a flexible hosting solution known for its fast shared servers, making them an excellent option for PrestaShop stores. They also have an “anytime” money-back guarantee, which means they stand behind their product.
- Uptime – A2Hosting has a 99.9% uptime commitment, which means you can expect your PrestaShop eCommerce to stay online forever.
- Speed – they key selling point of A2Hosting is their speed, and they really are the fastest shared hosting provider. They have their own SwiftServer platform, which is 20x faster than some of the competition, with free SSD on all plans. Your store will load almost instantly if you choose A2Hosting.
- Security – A2Hosting has “HackScan” security that monitors your site around the clock, protecting it against malware and attacks. They also have a scalable infrastructure that will protect your site even from DDoS attacks that try to overload the servers.
- Customer support – A2Hosting has the support that you can reach 24/7/365 via live chat, or via ticket systems or email. You can also solve problems on your own, browsing through their awesome articles and knowledge base.
6.GreenGeeks – Powerful Web Hosting Services
GreenGeeks was one of the first to introduce “green” in the world of web hosting, countering pollution with green energy points they buy from every hosting plan, negating their negative environmental impact 300%. However, as you are about to see, they are not just about the ecology, they deliver on the field of performance too.
- Uptime – GreenGeeks is very reliable, and you can expect the uptime to be much better than 99.9% which is the standard in the industry. That’s very important for any online store owner.
- Speed – GreenGeeks offers unlimited SSD storage, as well as LiteSpeed server technology coupled with MariaDB databases. That will ensure minimal load times and excellent performance.
- Security – hardware redundancy will ensure your website data always stays safe, and GreenGeeks real-time security scanning with automatic updates will keep the visitors safe. They also schedule nightly backups. Plus, every package has free SSL.
- Customer support – GreenGeeks customer support is very responsive, no matter when you contact them via live chat. Plus, there is an impressive knowledge base to browse through and solve problems DIY way.
7.FastComet – Easy Start and Pain-free Transfer
FastComet is a cloud hosting company with various hosting plans that are guaranteed to meet the needs of your PrestaShop, no matter how big it is. They also have “fair usage” traffic on all of their shared plans, which ensures you are never charged penalties for sudden traffic spikes, having one less thing to worry about.
- Uptime – FastComet has a 99.9% uptime commitment (but no guarantee), which means you can expect your store to function without any downtime.
- Speed – FastComet has SSD for all hosting packages, including the cheapest. Plus, they use cloud technology and have free CDN, five-layer caching, and speed optimization, which means you can expect the store to run fast. They also have very fast VPS and dedicated servers, if you ever wish to scale up.
- Customer support – FastComet has a very dedicated support team, and you can chat live with an agent even before committing to one of their plans, they will contact you as you start browsing the site. You can reach them anytime, and they respond fast.
8.Hostinger – Cheapest Shared Hosting
Hostinger is characterized by two key features: extremely affordable prices and fast servers. Therefore, they offer great value for money, something that is hard to beat.
- Uptime – Hostinger has a good uptime track record, with a 99.9% guarantee, and you can expect the PrestaShop store to stay online without issues.
- Speed – as we said, Hostinger servers are fast. They have three server locations, and you can pick the one you want, based on the location of your customer base. They also have a free cache manager available for all plans, further improving speeds for repeating visitors.
- Security – Hostinger does automatic weekly backups, which will prevent you from data losses. Daily backups are also available, but only if you buy more expensive plans. They also give free SSL and domain, which will improve security and SEO ranking.
- Customer support – Hostinger has multilingual customer support, which is unique, as they offer 24/7 support in English and Spanish. They are very responsive, and you will never wait for too long to get assistance.
9.Bluehost – Best Overall Cheap Hosting
Bluehost needs no introduction as it is one of the biggest hosting providers in the industry, and you can see their ads pretty much anywhere. However, there’s a reason for that, as they deserved their place among the stars, as you are about to see.
- Uptime – Bluehost has one of the best uptimes in the industry, and you can expect uptime greater than 99.9%. As we said multiple times, excellent uptime will ensure you don’t lose sales due to server disconnections, and Bluehost delivers here.
- Speed – every Bluehost plan is on SSD storage, which is a major plus when it comes to speed. Their servers are responsive, and hardware is excellent, which is why you can expect to have a rocket-like store if you choose to host it on their servers.
- Security – Bluehost offers free SSL certificates, but also uses resource protection technology, which ensures your site won’t go down if some of its neighbors on the server gets attacked. Better plans also have domain privacy included, as well as anti-malware and anti-hacker security measures.
- Customer support – Bluehost offers phone, chat, ticket, and email support, as well as a great knowledge base. But, as with most other major companies, you will need to be patient with support, especially if you have cheaper plans.
10.HostGator – Hosting For Every Website
|Visit Host Gator|
HostGator is one of the largest hosting providers in the world, hosting more than 1 million websites. Their plans are affordable and give you a lot for your money, and have some clear advantages, as we listed below.
- Uptime – HostGator has a 99.9% uptime guarantee, and you will get free credits if your store drops below that. That means thay back up their claims, which is a big plus.
- Speed – although HostGator offers unlimited disk space, bandwidth, and free SSL for all plans, their speeds are not the greatest. Plus, they only offer US servers, which is a problem if most of your customers are from across the globe.
- Security – HostGator has decent security measures. They offer free SSL in every package, as well as the ability to make instant backups whenever you like. Better plans also offer private SSL, and you can upgrade to use SiteLock monitoring and Spam Assasin.
- Customer support – for a hosting platform this big, HostGator has a more than decent customer support. You can contact them via phone, email, chat, and use their knowledge base.
How To Choose Best Hosting For PrestaShop?
Here, we will give you some things you should look after when choosing PrestaShop eCommerce website hosting. You will see that most of the criteria can be applied to any website, but some are PrestaShop and eCommerce specific. This section is critical as it will help you understand the terms you will find later in the text when we explore different hosting companies and types, so pay attention, as it will help you figure out what will work best for your PrestaShop store.
Criteria #1: PrestaShop Requirements
To even consider getting deeper into criteria, you need to make sure that the hosting you choose has servers that are configured to support PrestaShop stores.
The Requirements are:
- Unix/Linux/Windows system
- Apache Web Server 2.2 or above
- PHP version 7.1 or above
- MySQL 5.6 or above
- A good amount of server RAM, “the more the merrier” as stated in the PrestaShop documentation
If you’ve already purchased a hosting plan without checking the requirements, and want to know if your servers can run PrestaShop, you can see how to check that here. In the best hosting for the PrestaShop section below, all of the ten hosting providers we listed meet the requirements, so you don’t have to worry about checking the fine print yourself.
Criteria #2: Uptime And Stability
After making sure hosting meets the requirements, you want to make sure your store stays online all the time. Therefore, you need to choose a reliable hosting provider with a good uptime track record. Аnything less than 99.9% is not acceptable. Making sure your site is up all the time is imperative, as you don’t want to lose customers because your store crashed in the middle of their purchase. If that happens, you lost to your direct competitors.
Criteria #3: Speed
Site speed is essential both for Google rankings and for the customer experience. If you have a laggy store, your customers will lose patience and leave. Speed is very important for eCommerce websites, as customers have to browse around and compare different items before committing. If it takes 5 seconds for each page to load, you can count that many people will leave or never come back to your slow store again.
Criteria #4: Security
Every online purchase requires customers to enter sensitive personal information and credit card numbers. To do that, they have to feel safe, which is why security is a priority when choosing hosting for PrestaShop. A reliable host will have good defenses against malware, but also DDoS attacks and similar threats, with regular scans and security measures.
Criteria #5: Customer Support
If you ever had a self-hosted website, you already know how important good customer support is. Sometimes things just don’t go your way, and there’s nothing worse than having to wait 45 minutes before getting in touch with a customer support operator.
That’s why you should choose a hosting provider that has several contact options such as the ticket system, email, live chat, and phone, but also a great reputation among the existing customers. Getting timely help is important, more than you might think, so choose wisely.
Criteria #6: Server Type (Price)
Depending on your needs and your budget, you will buy shared, VPS or dedicated hosting packages.
- Shared Hosting is great for new websites. Your site will share resources with other websites, which cuts down the price and the performance. However, if your site is new, picking share is OK, as the limited resources won’t be a problem until you start attracting traffic.
- VPS Hosting is the next level. A Virtual Private Server will put your site on a shared host, but with “reserved” resources, which will guarantee that your PrestaShop store has enough firepower to handle traffic spikes. VPS costs more than shared, but far less than dedicated hosting, which gives it a good value for money.
- Dedicated Hosting is the ultimate solution. Here, you don’t share anything, the whole server is yours. This is best for the biggest stores that already have a lot of visitors and traffic. But, for new ones, it’s overkill, as dedicated servers are the most expensive.
There’s also cloud hosting, which is the latest kind of hosting. If your site is hosted on the cloud, it is spread across multiple locations around the globe. Cloud hosting has better speeds, as the customer will always get the version closest to them, cutting load times.
We hope that our best PrestaShop hosting article helped you make the decision. As long as the web hosting you choose ticks the most important boxes (stability, speed, and security), you are good. Based on your budget, you can pick providers with a bit more advanced features.
Our list has hosting options of all kinds, all of which are a good option for PrestaShop online stores. Choosing any one of them is a good option, and all of them have good money-back guarantees, so don’t worry about making a mistake, you are covered. Let us know in the comments which one you picked, and how satisfied you are with the service. Happy selling!