Whether you’re re-starting or building from scratch, being in square one can be quite daunting and that’s where the best web hosting for beginners can come to your rescue.
Since you’re here, we believe you are wondering how a hosting service can help your business, and which of them will work for you and your business. Handling each new website gives you a little more insight into the world of web hosting each time.
Show/Hide Table of Contents
Table of Contents
And since we have the experience of handling hundreds of websites, we can now confidently pick out the web hosting services that a beginner would feel best at home with.
With that, we will help out by introducing you to 10 of the best in the industry, and how each of them caters to a particular kind of user.
Comparison of 10 Best Web Hosting for Beginners
|A2 Hosting||Get Started|
|InMotion Hosting||Get Started|
|Liquid Web||Get Started|
Best Web Hosting Plans Recommended for Beginners
Rich in features but cost-effective, Bluehost finds its way to the top of the hosting market because of how it offers an economical solution to your online matters. Reinforced with Weebly’s site-building feature and Cloudflare CDN, it is also endorsed by both shared hosting and WordPress communities for its reputable nature and ease of use. This is the top rated website hosting beginners usually opt for.
Because not only does it give you the bang for your buck; you can as well rely on their well-maintained servers and excellent customer assistance. Its affordability is truly not the only great thing about Bluehost.
Given that it was built on cPanel, server management and website customization become a simple task. Even the organization of accounts, files, and domains is made easier with a see-all dashboard design.
The brand has also gained prominence because of its effective system resource settings and wide-scale, open-sourced projects. Bluehost users don’t even have to worry about crashes since the platform sets up an automated back-up.
When you’re just starting the development of your website and are still trying to figure out the workings of the design and content, Bluehost can make the whole ordeal so much easier.
- Known for its great performance, given the low cost
- It comes with a free domain and unlimited storage space
- It also offers unlimited and free emails in all of their hosting plans, including spam protection and IMAP support
- The platform comes with constant hardware updates and automated data back-up to keep your account and the files in it safe
- The price points in all their plans are reasonably priced
- Bluehost is not the top choice when it comes to site transfers and set-ups
- It is also not the best when it comes to business email hosting
Hailed as the most powerful among the site builders, this hosting service provider is also reasonably priced and easy to use. With great agents to accommodate your queries and extended features, Hostinger leads the market by taking the expected metrics to better capacities. It may be a bit pricier than our first option.
But it will guarantee you unlimited access to their premium features so you can enhance your brand and your business without breaking the bank. It means, twice the usual processing power and memory storage. As well as free daily data back-ups and hassle-free website migrations.
What makes this one of the best and easiest web hosting sites for beginners is that their lowest tier plan for shared hosting is perfectly designed for new ventures. Hostinger has this modern yet simple interface that is easy to navigate and maximizes your management power while allowing you to track all aspects of the project.
Your concerns are as well immediately addressed by their customer support system, which is quick and keen to assist through 24/7 live chat, an online ticketing system, and a guide through all relevant resources.
Hostinger’s eye for detail is their catch-all email systems that keep their users updated on all the messages received. If you have a few more bucks to spare on a monthly, this professional hosting service is truly a great investment.
- Their customer assistance response system is accessible, reliable, and available 24/7
- Hostinger’s email arsenal is comprehensive and detail-oriented without being too fussy
- Website migration is made easy using their system
- Higher tier plans offer the best of the premium offers with all the unlimited features
- SSL certification only comes with the Business plan
- Unlimited email accounts are only free with the higher-tier plans
Powerful yet affordable, this site builder offers a 99.9% uptime guarantee and unmetered access to their features so you won’t have to sweat the small stuff. Hostgator is known and highly suggested as a beginners web hosting platform because of its one-of-a-kind Hatchling Plan, which allows you to experience their systems before further investing in their more costly business plans.
It is also integrated with WordPress, so you can easily access and install their blogging tools in just one click. Its control panel utilizes the latest software update, as well as a drag and drop mechanism for efficient operations and a good number of working templates that are mobile-friendly and intuitive to use.
Not only is Hostgator excellent when it comes to shared server hosting, but it is also reliable for reselling and domains, dedicated hosting, cloud service hosting, and VPS hosting. It also allows their customers to use the Plesk extension to oversee their hosting environments and manage their respective websites.
This means that beginners and experienced users alike can explore a variety of ventures without spending too much time re-learning the platform.
- Hostgator users are given unmetered storage space and unlimited bandwidth
- It also provides a free SSL certificate and unlimited use of email addresses
- Subscriptions come with a 45-day money-back guarantee and an affordable low tier plan that is ideal for beginner use
- Users get free domain or website transfers, unlimited storage, bandwidth and MySQL databases, and a plethora of website building tools and templates
- This hosting provider may not be as well-equipped to handle heavier and more complex projects
- Price points can get tricky and may vary from the first term to renewal
- Customer assistance is not accessible at all times
|Visit A2 Hosting|
When it comes to the tandem of high speed and top performance, A2 Hosting remains unparalleled. With their solid-state drives, high-speed operation, and Turbo hosting platform, users can easily avail of their wide range of services, making it one of the leading website hosting for beginners.
Page loading time is significantly reduced since the software is optimized with pre-configured OPcache and Memcached aching and limited users per server. It is as well integrated WordPress into its system, so you can expect quick one-click plug-in installations.
Even with the pricier costs of their plans, you can expect unlimited bandwidth and HTTP connections, email addresses, and a maximum of 600,000 Inodes from their lowest tier startup plan. This can be a good way to restart a larger online business if you’re a beginner to hosting services.
You can also rely on their security systems that automatically scan and protect your data from viruses, DDoS, attacks, and corruption. Users are also required to set-up a personal 2-factor authentication to keep accounts safe from phishing scams. With A2 Hosting, any data transfers or website migrations will be a breeze.
- Their numerous Windows-based servers allow for improved uptime and enhanced speed
- Page operations are faster by 20% due to Turbo servers and SSDs
- Plans come with free hackscan and data restoration options
- A2 Hosting proves incredibly reliable when it comes to storage space and bandwidth
- Their startup plan does not come with automated data back-up and restoration
- WordPress and Magento caching system can only be utilized by higher-tier plans
- Checkout can be confusing, given their numerous automatic add-ons
One of the most commonly known hosting providers, Wix has made its name through a strong market of bloggers and creatives. This can be attributed to how intuitive it is to use and navigate, given its drag and drop mechanism. In fact, it can possibly be the top player when it comes to the website and portfolio building landscape because of its impressive visual templates.
Even though it is a particular favorite among budding creatives, this can also be the best web hosting for beginners business and e-commerce ventures. Their premium plans prove to be quite the investment, but newbies can explore what Wix can offer with just their free platform – minus the free domain name, of course.
Alongside all that, Wix also has animations and an App market which users can make use of to improve the presentation of the website. It also comes with an Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI) assistance that serves as their customer support system, and it will be available to help at all times.
- Wix offers automatic data back-ups and restoration on-site
- The platform can accommodate up to 16 foreign languages, thus widening their market of users
- With their premium plans, users don’t have to worry about advertisements popping up on their screens
- It comes with a flexible range of design templates and layouts suitable for every kind of project
- It has a limited depth of navigation, with just a maximum of two levels to retain the optimum speed of operations
- Unlike most hosting providers, Wix doesn’t come with a live chat to accommodate customer concerns
- Price points are a bit expensive compared to others
When it comes to customer assistance reliability, Siteground is one to top the ranks. With their excellent uptime and high-speed hosting, this provider has made its mark on business and design professionals all over the world. Then again, it has intuitive templates and easy to navigate that it can easily be considered the best web host for beginners.
User queries are also immediately attended to, so you won’t have to wait for too long to work on your online stores and blogs. Site ground has also proven reliable to accommodate both small scale projects to large corporate websites, which speaks strongly to its capacity and competence.
Siteground has is its isolation system that creates segregation between the servers. This was designed intently to make sure that no weakened servers can lead to the crashing of an entire network. Siteground also created its ticketing system for their customer assistance system.
This allows an algorithm to set the proper tech support representative to accommodate your queries via phone calls or the in-house chat software. Users can count on how efficient their visual interface is, and how it can easily be customized to suit your needs – a feature that can benefit beginners greatly.
- Siteground offers unlimited databases, subdomains, email accounts, and bandwidth use to all users of every plan
- Data back-ups and caching are automatic and static respectively
- This is the best choice for those who require staging features, SSH access, Git repositories, and solutions that work on high performance
- Dynamic caching is only available to users of the GrowBig and GoGeek plan
- Their renewal plans can be quite expensive compare to their first term subscriptions
- Siteground does not accommodate Windows-based servers
If you need a platform for content creation and blogging, nothing accommodates blog hosting quite as well as InMotion. This hosting service provider was specifically designed to put you on the map, and boost your search rankings. InMotion is a highly effective platform due to its high capacity for web traffic, making it perfect not only for your business but for you to get your message heard.
InMotion offers a convenient solution on web hosting for beginners because of their website builder service, which assists all users, especially those who are less techy, to create a website without prior programming knowledge. Additionally, It offers a wide range of services, including shared hosting, VPS, dedicated hosting, and cloud hosting.
Two of the best things that InMotion can showcase is its simplicity and ample bandwidth, so it can be an effective hosting service provider for developers and designers working on smaller projects.
A small-scale business that does not utilize complex algorithms would find the systems of InMotion worth the investment. Ultimately, InMotion is the best web hosting service for beginners in their field of work.
- It has pre-installed WordPress into the system
- InMotion offers unlimited bandwidth, with free automated data back-up
- It incorporates the 3 step authentication when integrating Google apps into the provider
- Their renewal price points are cheaper than other hosting service providers
- Getting a dedicated IP and a data back-up feature has an additional cost to your checkout
- InMotion is not known for its consistent uptime results
- The plans do not include unlimited storage and email accounts
|Visit Liquid Web|
This may be a brand that doesn’t ring bells like the rest, and this rather underrated hosting service provider boasts of their reliable uptime, supreme performance, and accommodating customer assistance system. Liquid Web has a multi-leveled network that maximizes the use of the latest tech innovations to provide a feature-rich platform to its customers.
If you’re planning a blogging or e-commerce launch, this may just prove to be the best web host for beginners. Nothing proves reliability and competence like leading the industry in terms of customer loyalty, and Liquid Web delivers on their promises of 100% uptime in their data centers and fully managed infrastructures.
You can as well look forward to the support they offer to Windows and Linux users via phone call, live chat, or business emails, with guaranteed responses within a minute of contact. Moreover, their servers are integrated with WordPress, thus reducing the loading time by 95%.
This platform can make hosting service quite the investment, but you are guaranteed nothing but your money’s worth, down to the last penny.
- Liquid Web customer support is 24/7 and is composed of certified technicians under Windows, Linux, Red Hat, and Cisco
- Website migrations and data transfers are a breeze with their interface and their support
- This brand offers several options for managed servers, giving its users the flexibility on their account
- The cost of their monthly plans can be quite pricey
- Speed and security features are considered add-ons and will be paid for separately
When it comes to building your own site, you can fully rely on the creative versatility offered by iPage. This brand has been in the market for a good minute, and the first thing that can catch your eye are the price points of this hosting service provider.
Its simple structure makes it a beginners web hosting venue, and this is usually marketed to students or small scale business owners who want to create an online presence without breaking the bank. Their economical plans can easily make iPage the best web hosting service for beginners.
But this is a brand that has quite a lot to offer for those who are new to the game. iPage offers unlimited storage space, given a normal operation policy, as well as unmetered websites, domains, bandwidth, and database use.
Their renewal price may be a bit pricey, but the brand is known to value their long-term users, and they usually offer bigger promotions for lengthier deals. If you’re someone that wants to start simple and cheap, iPage will get you started on the basics.
- iPage has the cheapest first term subscription prices in the market
- They can accommodate customer concerns 24/7, via phone call, chat, and email correspondence
- The control panel is modern and intuitive and is quite easy to navigate
- The structure of their service plans are simple and vary only in the length of time
- Their shared plans don’t come in monthlies and these require a commitment, with 12 months as the minimum
- Data back-up and restoration are not included in the plan and should be paid separately
This remarkable hosting service provider is actually a household name for developers and designers. It is considered one of the best web hosting sites for beginners. Experienced users alike because of how much they can offer despite their price range.
It is also among the hosts included under WordPress’ endorsements, but one can’t go wrong with their price plan structure transparency. This brand offers only two tiers for their services, which can be a clear distinction between those, that just want to explore the feature-rich platform of Dreamhost.
But those who want to maximize their use of these benefits. You can only expect great performance alongside good operations speed with this platform. It’s also intuitive to use and navigate, given the modern and sleek design of their back-end and control panels.
One thing you can also look forward to with Dreamhost is that they don’t push their customers during checkout by including unnecessary add-ons to the subscription. The brand also provides ample information that can guide you as to which plan will work best for you.
- Dreamhost is actually one of the cheapest hosting service providers in the market
- It comes with a 97-day money-back guarantee
- Alongside their unlimited features, it does not have a limitation for the inodes
- Their servers are located only in the US and this may not be ideal for users outside of the country
- Starter plans do not include a free email account, which is paid for separately
- Their customer support is not available 24/7
Things to Consider when Choosing your Hosting Service Provider
We have presented 10 of the industry leaders, and also you will still be wondering how you can be sure if a service offers everything that you need. But if the affordability will eventually cost you the quality of your content.
There may even be a possibility that the brand you’ve chosen may not have the most suitable and best web hosting plan for beginners. With that, we can go over the basic factors so we can weigh your options when it comes to choosing a hosting service provider.
We have 5 main factors for you to take into consideration, and they are as follows:
First and foremost, you will need to look into your credit before you look into the plans. Ask yourself the question, “how much am I willing to spend for this venture?”. But this is a vital inquiry since this investment can easily derail your expenses, especially that some brands have very steep renewal rates.
It is also safe to say that going to the cheapest option is not the best choice. There is a reason why they cost less than others, and there are probably features that are not included in the package – features that you may need.
Another thing to look out for are the policies of these plans & what is included. Free trials and refund policies are essential options. Especially if you have no prior experience with the hosting service provider. Given that you are a beginner, and you have to allow yourself the option to back out.
Money-back guarantees are also extremely important, especially when you’re required to shell out an amount upon usage. Remember, web hosting can be quite costly if you’re not careful, and you need to look out for sneaky policies that might include cancellation fees or penalties.
3.Customer support reliability
One must always consider excellent customer service as a staple of the best web hosting plan for beginners. Because you will eventually need to ask for outright assistance as setting up your website. And any delays can cost your resources.
And, incompetent or unavailable tech support indicates that the brand does not value their customers as they should. Go for one that allows access through multiple means (phone call, live chat, emails, etc) 24/7.
Your end goal will determine the means with which you get there. This is why laying out everything that your platform needs can help you detect which features you need the most, and which brand can offer you that. But you may still not figure this out in the beginning, and you eventually will as you go on.
5.Server and uptime scores
Last, but not least, is the ability to be online, at all times. The standard for uptime scores is 99.9%, and anything lower than that is less than you deserve. But if you’re running an online business, your website crashing or going down can cost you revenue. But If it’s just for a minute, so you will need a hosting service provider that can offer you online stability.
With all that being said, we hope that this article can be of help to you and your goals. But this may be a lot to take in since you’ll be comparing 10 of the best in the industry. Nevertheless, there is always one that suits you best, given the factors laid out in our buying guide. Good luck!