We are all don’t know that which blog hosting is better for blogging, now we will discuss about Best Web Hosting for Blogs. Blogging can be a fun yet demanding activity at the same time.
Moreover, if you’re really set on making money via blogging, then investing in a reliable web hosting is a must.
With the many hosting services out there, how do you choose the right hosting? If you’re pondering that question, then you are in the right place!
Show/Hide Table of Contents
Table of Contents
This buying guide provides you with everything you need to know about blog hosting. In addition to that, we also gathered some of the top blog hosts we found on the web.
Comparison of 9 Best Web Hosting for Blogs
Top 9 Best Web Hosting’s for Blogs
Blogger is renowned worldwide for being one of the best hosting sites for blogs in general. Additionally, the platform is also known for being a beginner and budget-friendly option, especially for bloggers who are only starting out. We like the fact that Blogger is essentially a free hosting platform for blogs loaded with easy-to-use features. Users can simply write their content, add a few images, and hit publish.
Thus, if you are looking for a straightforward blog host, we recommend you check this out. This blog hosting platform also allows users to edit HTML codes and add blog widgets which not a lot of free blogging hosting platforms offer. Moreover, this feature is extremely handy, especially if you want to constantly modify your website’s look.
Furthermore, given that Blogger is a hosting service by Google, having a Google account is necessary. Additionally, you may also bump into a number of Google-related add ons when building your blogging website with the provider. Since Blogger is a free blog website host that is targeted towards beginners, it doesn’t offer upgrade options that more professional hosting services offer.
Thus, site owners eventually switch to using other hosting platforms later on once they learn more blogging and site-building skills. Although this blog hosting provider has been around for a long while, we think it still lacks design options and functionalities that other premium hosts like WordPress offer.
However, given the ease and budget-friendliness this platform offers, we still highly recommend Blogger, especially for those who have very limited resources to start with.
- Blogger is a cost-free blogging platform
- The hosting service offers simple and very easy-to-use features
- Blogging with Blogger is uncomplicated and beginner-friendly
- The platform offers numerous options for mobile-friendly templates
- Can be integrated with Google-related products such as Google Drive
- The platform offers very limited tools for blogging
- There are very few design options to choose from
- Can’t be integrated with third-party services and applications
When talking about the best hosting for blogs, WordPress is most definitely one of the predominant names in the industry. The platform is among the biggest and most popular hosts for blogs worldwide. Moreover, WordPress.com are platforms that offer top-notch hosting services.
WordPress.com is essentially a free hosting platform that offers a number of services such as blog hosting, custom domains, integrating blogs and social media, and a bunch of popular features related to blogging. Additionally, the hosting service also offers an array of paid upgrades to choose from.
What we liked most about WordPress.com is the fact that although it is a free hosting platform, it is generous enough to offer a range of essential features that are necessary for blogging. Thus, if you are looking for a free host to start your blog but are not satisfied with what Blogger has to offer, we suggest you check out WordPress.com.
We also liked that this hosting service offers essential support to users such as standard tutorials and a massive user community. If you have any questions or concerns, you can definitely find appropriate answers and solutions from your co-WordPress.com bloggers.
Although WordPress is not the easiest and most straightforward hosting service, the platform is loaded with information through tutorials and user community. Thus, it won’t be hard to learn how to build your blogging website with this company.
Lastly, although WordPress.com is a free blog hosting platform, there are very limited customization options. Moreover, when you choose the free plan, your blog website will show ads without you getting any revenue from them.
- The platform features installation wizards for an easy setup process
- Standard tutorials are provided
- Users can join a massive community of fellow WordPress bloggers
- The platform takes care of website maintenance
- The free plan offers very limited features and customization options
- Third-party plugins are only accessible with the Business Plan
Wix is a great web hosting platform for building websites and is also a great platform to start your blogging journey with. If you are on the lookout for the best web hosting for blog websites that is intuitive and beginner-friendly, Wix is definitely one of our top picks. We liked that Wix comes with a key feature wherein the blogs and web pages the user creates are supported for mobile devices.
Thus, your audiences can conveniently browse through your blog’s content through their computers, tablets, and smartphones. Wix also features a drag-and-drop site builder that helps users build an amazing website with ease and in a timely manner. This explains why this web hosting platform has been among the top choices for people who want to create a website that is aesthetically attractive and fun.
We also loved that Wix provides substantial support and information to its users such as a customized FAQ and phone support. On the other hand, one of the main downsides we found with this platform is that their hosting plans come with numerous additional charges.
For this reason, we think that Wix is not the most budget-friendly hosting option out there. Furthermore, in terms of SEO (search engine optimization), Wix is also not the best platform. However, if you just want to create an intuitive blog and you don’t mind not getting substantial traffic amounts, Wix is a great option.
- Wix features a user-friendly interface
- Loads of design options to choose from
- The platform’s drag-and-drop site builder sets up blogs automatically
- A wide range of stock images is provided and ready to use
- Numerous third-party templates
- The free hosting plan has very limited features and capabilities, and does not offer a lot of cost-free apps
- Once you’ve chosen a template for your website, it will be permanent
If you are a business owner who wants to keep a good online presence through a blog, then Weebly is one of the best blog hosting services you should look into. This platform offers loads of essential features and functionalities that are handy for creating a business blog.
We liked that Weebly offers an array of user-friendly features such as drag-and-drop options that are ideal for beginners who don’t want to go through a website-building learning curve. In addition to that, you can also easily build your website with this platform even if you have zero coding skills.
Given that Weebly is suitable for website building and blogging, many business owners enjoy the benefits of creating a solid online presence with ease. Many users also find this hosting service a lot easier to use compared to its competitors.
To start blogging with Weebly, you may sign up for their free plan which allows you to write and publish blog posts for free. The free plan also gives you 500Mb of storage space, Weebly branding, as well as a subdomain.
On the other hand, if you wish to keep tabs on your site’s stats, add video backgrounds, and other upgraded features, you will have to sign up for the platform’s higher-tier plans at a cost.
Lastly, if you want to create an online shop, Weebly also offers eCommerce plans for an added cost.
- Very easy-to-use interface
- Weebly features a drag-and-drop blog website building tool
- The platform offers an array of mobile-friendly apps
- This web hosting provider offers satisfactory SEO features
- Can be easily integrated with Google Analytics
- Beginner-friendly and no coding expertise necessary
- Ideal for business blogs and building online stores
- There are only very few integrated functionalities and features
- The platform does not offer a lot of third-party integrations
- Exporting a website can be quite tricky
When it comes to web hosting, HostGator is definitely one of the leading companies on the market. On the other hand, when talking about blog hosting, the company also does not disappoint. If you are on the lookout for the best host for blog websites that is guaranteed reliable, HostGator’s Gator is one of our best recommendations.
Gator is a very easy-to-use platform that offers a vast range of intuitive site-building tools and features. It features a drag-and-drop interface and a handy site builder that users can use to build all types of websites including blogs. In addition to that, this hosting service can also be used to build your own online store.
We liked that the Gator website builder is a separate service from HostGator site hosting. Generally, when you are hosting a blog with HostGator, you will need to start with WordPress first. On the other hand, Gator comes with everything you need to create your own blog from scratch.
We also loved that Gator is an all-in-one blog hosting platform that gives you full control of every aspect of your website in one place.
Gator is perfect for startup bloggers, newbie website owners, and folks who are not keen on website building. Furthermore, if you are someone who wants a hassle-free and uncomplicated way to build your own blog, then you might want to check this hosting platform out.
- Gator offers a user-friendly interface that is perfect for beginners in blogging
- The platform features a drag-and-drop site builder as well as a blogging platform
- Setting up a website with Gator is very easy and doesn’t require advanced technical skills
- A free SSL certificate and a domain name are provided
- Users can also set up their own online store with this hosting platform
- Gator does not offer a free hosting plan
- eCommerce features are only accessible with higher-tier plans
- The lowest-tier plan has very limited extensions and apps
In terms of website customization, Squarespace is one of the top names in the industry of website hosting. The platform is renowned for offering a wide range of customization options without requiring you to have advanced technical know-how.
What we liked most about Squarespace is the freedom to change things up. Thus, you can essentially tweak things easily to achieve the desired look for your blog.
Moreover, this blog hosting platform also lets users expand their services. This functionality is extremely handy, especially for bloggers who are also business owners.
Squarespace also features an intuitive analytics dashboard where you can keep track of your website’s traffic. This feature also lets you see the pages that visitors are viewing, how they are interacting with your blog’s content, and so on.
However, one of the main downsides we found with this hosting service is its plugins and themes support. We think these aspects are not the best compared to their competing counterparts.
Lastly, on a good note, we love that Squarespace has two paid plan options: Personal and Business. Both plans come with unlimited storage space and bandwidth. Additionally, the Business plan includes a number of marketing features and custom designs. It also allows users to set up an online store.
- Squarespace is very easy to use
- Hosting service and a custom domain is included in each hosting package
- Various professional template designs are available to choose from
- All plans come with SSL protection
- Users can set up their own online store
- Squarespace has a dedicated team of 24/7 customer support
- There are very few chances to integrate with third-party services and apps
- Users are only limited to using the hosting platform
- A personal plan allows users with limited contributors and a number of pages
If you browse through web hosting blog posts and articles on the web, you will know that Drupal is one of the top web hosting providers for business websites. The platform is also an exceptional blogging platform as it offers an extensive content management system.
For business owners who want to set up a blog for their venture, this web host is a great platform to start with. In addition to managing your blog, you can also manage web pages and create and organize other content in one place.
If you have an existing blog from another web hosting service like Blogger or WordPress, Drupal will not be capable of hosting it. Moreover, we also found that Drupal is not the most beginner-friendly platform. For these reasons, we recommend using this service for upgrading your blog from a free blogging platform.
Lastly, given that Drupal is an open-source platform, users can use its service without any charge. Thus, if you are someone who has the know-how in website building, then using Drupal is a great budget-friendly option.
- Drupal is a great place to build a professional website
- Users get access to loads of free features and modules
- Users can create custom content
- Users can conveniently manage user permissions through Drupal’s in-built access control management system
- Excellent for handling big data volumes
- Drupal offers multilingual support
- Not recommended for beginners as Drupal’s system is more technical and not very easy to use
- The installation process requires users to have technical skills
Medium is unlike any other blogging platforms mentioned in this buying guide. This platform is essentially a place for users to share their thoughts and content with a wider audience. Given that Medium has a built-in flock of an online audience, some people consider it as a publisher while some people consider it as a blogging platform.
We liked that both individuals and organizations can sign up for an account on this platform for free. People can publish their own content and curate their publications and posts conveniently. Moreover, “Publications” refers to the collection of posts curated by the users as well as Medium.
We also liked that users and viewers can see the number of views a certain post has garnered within a certain amount of time. Medium also features a dashboard where creators can see where the traffic to their posts come from.
There is no word count requirement or limit when writing a post on Medium. However, we observed that the majority of popular posts on the platform are the ones containing over 400 words.
Finally, we found that Medium is a great blogging platform for beginners. It is straightforward, very easy to use, and requires zero coding expertise. Furthermore, we recommend this blogging platform for startup bloggers and small business owners.
- Medium is a platform that solely focuses on content creation and blogging.
- Individuals and organizations can sign up for free.
- Top-notch user interface.
- Users can embed content from third-party media like YouTube, Twitter, etc.
- Very limited customization options
- Users don’t have full control over their content
- Very limited monetization options and marketing features
Tumblr has been around for a while, and it is still one of the most popular blogging platforms, especially among younger bloggers and audiences. It is essentially a place for bloggers to create a free website without any cost.
This platform is originally designed for microblogging as it is very easy to use even for users with no blogging experience. We discovered that one of the best features Tumblr offers is its focus on creating a diverse blogger community wherein creators can publish their own posts and reblog other creator’s content.
Blogging with Tumblr doesn’t focus on text content but on images and GIFs. Hence why it is mostly popular among visual bloggers and not with writers.
Moreover, the reblogging feature also causes other bloggers to stray away from using the platform. If you are someone who takes pride in producing original content and is weary over copyright, then Tumblr is not the place for you.
Lastly, one of the main downsides of blogging with Tumblr is the fact that you will never own your content as well as a domain name.
- Tumblr is a free blogging platform
- It has a simple interface and is very easy to use
- It comes with unique blogging features such as reblogging and integrated sharing
- The platform offers a wide array of template design options to choose from
- Focused on media content blogging rather than text content
- The platform has very limited blogging features
- Creators will have no right to ownership of their content
- Users will not have their own domain name
Hosting Providers Included
This buying guide provides you with a rundown of essential factors you need to take into account when looking for a web hosting provider for your blog. Below is a rundown of things you need to look for in a web host for your blog website.
In order to get the guarantee of having a successful blog website, you must partner with a highly reputable web host. In order to do that, we suggest browsing through reliable blog hosting review posts and buying guide articles. This will help you get a general overview of which platforms are popular and well-trusted by many.
This factor is extremely important if you are a beginner and have minimal technical know-how. Choosing a host that offers a simple and easy to use interface is important to avoid any issues with setting up your blog website. Moreover, make sure to also choose a host that doesn’t require advanced coding skills.
Essential Blogging Features
It is always ideal to choose a host that allows you to write, publish, and promote your content without any hassle. Thus, make sure to pick a platform that comes with tools and apps to help you publish your blog and promote it conveniently.
Your website’s speed is a vital factor for SEO. Thus, only choose to partner with a web hosting provider that promises to offer exceptional server speed. Furthermore, this factor is also extremely important, especially if you are expecting substantial traffic volumes to your website in the future.
Web hosting providers that guarantee at least a 99.98% uptime rate are the best hosts for blog websites. Having a solid uptime rate is essential for every website as it assures very minimal to no downtimes. This is also important if your website is expecting bigger traffic volumes later on.
Having reliable support from your chosen host is essential regardless if you are versed in the technical aspects of website building or not. A good blog hosting platform has a dedicated team of customer support reps who are responsive and highly knowledgeable.
If you are planning to grow your blog website into something bigger, then you must pick a blogging platform that allows further scalability.
Although there are numerous blogging platforms that allow users to sign up for free, the free plans may not always have the essential features and functionalities you need. For this reason, it is ideal to shop around for web hosts and evaluate each plan and price points that they offer.
In order to have a successful blog website, you need to choose the best web hosting for blogs first. Hopefully, the ones we mentioned above will give you an idea as to which service to pick.