Creating a website has become quick and hassle free in recent years. For some, the main challenge is to find the best website builder for artists among the various options available.
According to the Global Web Index, about 81% of people search online for a product or service, therefore it is important to have a user friendly website.
Show/Hide Table of Contents
Website builders are hosted in the cloud, you can access websites anywhere, anytime you want. Before you select any website builder, it is necessary to have a look at each in detail. We have curated a list of the best web builder for artists for you.
Top Website Builder for Artist
1. Squarespace – Best Website Builders for Artist
If you are looking for sleek design, exciting features and an easy to use website builder, Squarespace is your place. From the list of best web builders for artists, Squarespace is a simple drag and drop website builder which makes designing easy.
However, it gets a little complicated because Squarespace templates are section-based which takes a little while to get comfortable with. But the templates offered are amazing, and they flow aesthetically making it pleasing to the eye for the customers.
- Squarespace templates are assets to them as they are widely known to be the best of design
- The drag-and-drop option available in Squarespace templates makes them easy to edit, format and use.
- One of the major downsides of Squarespace platform is their drag-and-drop option as it provides limited control over your site’s design.
- Squarespace only provides a free trial to test out the interface. They do not offer a free plan.
Squarespace does not offer a free plan. However to test this platform you can avail their 14-day free trial. Squarespace also offers a Personal plan of $12/month which is a great option for smaller businesses. It also includes a custom domain and 24/7 support to its customers.
2. Weebly – Best for Affordability
Weebly is the best rated website builder for artists because it offers strong Search Engine Optimization (SEO) features. Having SEO features helps different businesses to rank higher on search engines thus making your website prominent. It also helps people find your website.
Weebly does not offer impressive templates as compared to Squarespace. However, it’s easy to use, offers a free plan and has a good customer support system.
- You can easily get started on this platform because of its super affordability
- Weebly is an ideal place for beginners for its easy to use features
- Weebly offers strong SEO functions, which will help you rank faster and quicker on search engines and ultimately get you more visitors
- Weebly does not offer exciting designs as its competitors’ templates
- Weebly offers a free plan, but in order to avail platform’s benefits, you have to upgrade to a paid plan
The price of Weebly comes in different options, Weebly cheapest paid plan costs $6 per month. But to have access to more powerful tools like password-protected pages and unlimited storage, you have to upgrade your plan to a Professional plan of $12 per month. This plan allows you to remove adverts from your website, as it is vitally important for your visitors to take you seriously.
For smaller businesses or personal blogs can try to use the free Weebly plan to understand the functionality of it better, however, staying on the free plan for longer would not be a wise decision due to its limited features.
If you are getting into website building and need to learn how to design the best-looking homepage, then these page builders (beaver builder VS elementor ) can help you to create the design you will like the most.
3. WIX – Best for SEO Support
Wix is one of the most famous and reviewed website builders for artists. Wix is an easy to use website builder with the option to drag and drop. It is also known to be the best fit for most websites. Wix provides features like Logo Maker and the Art Store feature makes it all in one website builder for artists.
With Wix Art Store, you can sell your artwork on your Wix site, without any business-side hassles. It also provides highest image quality, mobile-friendly viewing, and artistic templates.
- Wix offers drag-and-drop and is easy to use as Squarespace and Weebly
- Wix Art Store offers beautiful layout and easy selling functions for your work
- Wix offers pretty robust free plans
- You don’t get the option to change your template once it has been selected
- Wix has a pool of choices and features to play around with, but unlike other website builders, it takes longer to get online
On one hand, Wix does offer free plans for businesses to try and test Wix functionality and features. However, Wix offers three paid plans, which offer more storage and unlimited pages. One of the common plans to start with is the Combo plan, which costs just $13 per month. You can upgrade your plan later depending on your business.
4. Duda – Best Designed Templates
Are you looking for inspiration, new ideas to start your work? This platform will help you breakthrough. Duda is designed for artistic talent, looking for ideas to showcase their work. It comes with a built-in app and widgets to encourage alternative solutions. Duda is a powerhouse of amazing templates and ideas to give your website a new look or revamp it.
- Duda provides a creative platform and variety of beautiful, pleasing to the eye templates.
- Duda keeps your site fresh and engaging by offering several apps and widgets.
- It is a very user-friendly website builder.
- Duda is an expensive platform
- Duda doesn’t offer much SEO guidance and features
Besides providing Design Flexibility and user-friendly interface. Duda is a very expensive platform as compared to Wix on average. It offers expensive price plans ranging from $14 to $74 per month, which make it inaccessible for startups or those with fewer resources. Although Duda does offer a 14-day free trial period, you have to purchase a plan later to use the platform.
5. Godaddy – Quickest Way to Build a Website
If you are someone whose number one priority is to save time, then GoDaddy is your go-to platform. It’s super easy to use, takes less time to figure the platform, and you can get online in a matter of minutes. GoDaddy is also relatively cheap, but it lacks exciting and amazing templates. Therefore it does not allow the artist to be creative.
On the plus side, setting up a site with GoDaddy is a quick and easy process. However, GoDaddy does not provide customization, so you end up with a site that looks plain.
- It is extremely easy to use platform and allows you to get online quickly
- This platform provides 24/7 customer support, takes your worry away
- GoDaddy does not offer a variety of designs as Squarespace or Duda offers
- GoDaddy’s platform features get the job done but are not as advanced as the competitor’s apps and widgets
Unlike other website builders, GoDaddy offers a one-month free trial but it does not offer any free website builder plans. To begin your journey with GoDaddy, they offer different plans, the cheapest one being a Basic Plan costs $10 per month.
However, the basic plan does not include SEO features which has now become a necessity for every online business. Therefore, they offer another plan – GoDaddy’s Standard plan at $15 per month. It includes SEO features for your businesses to be found online easily.
6.Strikingly – Best for Help and Support
Strikingly the platform prioritizes speed over in-depth editing, providing less control over the result. Thus the site ends up looking a little bland. Strikingly is easy to use and good in helping customers as they have good customer support, which are both valuable assets. Strikingly struggles to provide a variety of features in terms of design and scalability as of Squarespace and Wix.
If you are someone looking for an affordable, quick and easy way to get online, then Strikingly is your best choice.
- It offers excellent help and support
- It has a Built-in blogging platform which allows you with a great way to keep your site visitors engaged on your site
- It has very limited design flexibility
- Strikingly is not as scalable as bigger website builders. If you want to grow your site then this platform is not for you
Among the list of the best website builder for artists, Strikingly offers a free plan. Through their free plan plan you can test the features such as blogging, contact page, and social feed. Strikingly offers to upgrade from free plan to the Limited plan for $8 per month. The good point of this platform is they include a domain name as well.
7. WordPress.com – Best for Customization
WordPress.com is the best WordPress website builder for artists. One of the major plus points for design-minded artists is WordPress.com providing customization. WordPress.com offers design flexibility and ease to use. It also includes SEO features which make businesses rank on the top in the search engines.
However, most WordPress’ design customization are time consuming because they require some knowledge of code. Although, if you are someone for whom coding is a no issue then WordPress lets you delve into the technical side and build an amazing site.
- WordPress offers incredible design customization
- WordPress offers a free plan to get you started
- Despite providing the design flexibility, WordPress also requires more technical know-how
- WordPress is slightly more time-consuming than other competitors
If coding is your thing, then WordPress offers a free plan to start. You can later upgrade your plan to the Personal plan for $4 per month. It also comes with exciting add-ons such as a custom domain and access to 24/7 support.
8. Shopify – Best Overall E-commerce Platform
This is one of the best artist’s website builder to showcase their art. Shopify is a great platform for online businesses. It’s a great choice for serious sellers looking to sell different items as it provides a smooth selling process making it easier for retail businesses to sell their products. Shopify is all in one platform.
Shopify is powerful, easy to use and offer 24/7 customer support. Thus making it convenient for business to change and fix things. Shopify comes with a feature of a mobile app, you can simultaneously manage payments and online gallery. Shopify is an ideal place for modern-day artists.
- Shopify offers multi-channel selling on Facebook and Instagram
- Shopify offers brilliant inventory system
- Shopify has only a limited trial period
- Shopify enforces transaction fees for alternative payment gateways
Shopify has made selling products very easy for artists. The plus point is it offers the lowest price plan also. Shopify costs $29.99 per month, making itself convenient for most artistic ambitions.
You must have the best eCommerce hosting services to start and succeed in online business. So, we will gift you our top tips for
9. Site123 – Best for Help and Support via Live Chat
If you are a beginner and looking for a basic and user-friendly website builder among the list of the best website builder for artists, then SITE123 is a safe choice. SITE123 is the perfect choice for first-time builders. It’s the best platform for people with no tech experience.
SITE123 platform makes creating simple websites easy. Their feature of live chat support helps customers at every step even when they are stuck while creating, editing or designing the website. You can then publish your website in just a few minutes.
The main strength of SITE123 website builder is their Brilliant customer support. However, not a powerful builder as it lacks advanced features, and not a scalable option too.
- SITE123 has an excellent live chat support feature
- SITE123 is an easy platform to build a basic website
- SITE123 is for Beginner website builders
- SITE123 offers a lack of creative control
- SITE123 features lack quality and scalability
- With the SITE123 platform, if you have selected a template, there is no going back because it does not provide the option to change template
Like many other website builder for artists, SITE123 also offers a free plan. Additionally, you can unlock premium paid plans by upgrading that costs $12.80 per month to $17.40 per month.
Getting a personal website host can cater to a lot of online needs. Personal website hosting is great to show yourself, your brand & updates. Check this out for more info!
10. 1&1 IONOS – Best for Multilingual Websites
1&1 IONOS platforms offer to create a functional website. Although it does not have design flexibility like its competitors, it gets the job done. This website builder has all the basic features you need to start off with your businesses. 1&1 IONOS is a great option for small businesses on a budget.
One of the main drawbacks of this platform is their features are outdated as compared to other best website builder for artists. 1&1 IONOS focuses on providing a functional element rather than a stylish website. However, it is scalable but will not create the best-looking website.
- It offers lots of tools to scale your business
- It offers Multilingual options for your site
- Templates on 1&1 IONOS platform cover a range of industries
- The designs they have are basic and dated
- They do not offer a free plan or free trial
- They have a confusing editing interface
1&1 IONOS Pricing
1&1 IONOS does not offer a free trial but their prices start from $1 per month. It offers four plans from which three are for building online stores. Three plans are for e-commerce sites and one plan for non-e-commerce sites.
The non-e-commerce plan, which is also the cheapest one, costs only $1 for your first month and then charges to $5 per month until you cancel. The three e-commerce pans range from $25 to $45 per month.
Wrapping It Up
Creating a website in today’s world is that easy, all you need is a computer, a web browser and of course the best website builder for artists to start. But there are a lot of platforms which offer free plans and most of them even offer free trials.
Our article tells you about the best website builder for artists reviews so that you can try and test out from the many options available before paying a cent. You are now one step closer to selecting the best website builder for artists that is perfect for you and your business.